Happy New Year! As usual I'm going to start the year with good intentions and see how long my motivation lasts. After coming across this cool idea by Alastair Humphreys to list 10 small things that you want to do more or, less of and those that you are content with, I'm hoping to focus my year a bit more and see how I get on. So here are my 10 things for 2019:
10 things I would like to do more of:
- Day rides off-road mountain biking/trail centres
- Writing - blogging or otherwise
- Exploring the world
- Volunteer work
- Dating - it's time to see who's out there....
- The 'Little Explorers Club' that I created to do outdoor adventures with my nieces
- Minimising the material things in my life to focus on simple living
- Making others smile
10 things I should do less of:
- Watching TV just to fill time
- Buying things that I want but don't necessarily need
- Checking social media (Facebook/Twitter) - although no doubt I'll publish this post on both, haha!
- Thinking about the past - it's never useful and I can't change it!
- Consuming less sugar
- Doing adventures solo - there are people out there who I could go with!
- Using less plastic and polluting our world
- Comfort eating
10 things I am content with:
- My friends - quantity is not quality, my friends are like family to me
- My health
- Who I am. As many a legend have sung 'I am what I am' - I don't need to be anybody else
- Earning just enough money to pay the bills
- Not knowing what the future holds, having no long term plans for the next few years
- Not caring about clothes, fashion, makeup
- My morals and beliefs
- Not drinking alcohol. 30th December 2018 saw me achieve a whole 365 days of not drinking booze and it's the way forward for me
- My family
Realising that I'm starting to look like my motherNot quite there yet! Ageing is inevitable, growing up is optional :-D
I challenge you to think of your own '10 things' and see what you come up with, it certainly makes you think. Funnily enough the hardest category was the things I was content with and I'm not quite sure what that says about me. Here's to another year of fun-filled adventures - I've got to get my yoga on!